Friday, July 9, 2010

Finding Out Who Is Calling Could Change your Life


Guest Posting:

Once and a while I find myself at a wall. Maybe it’s my upbringing, maybe it's the fact that I am a very determined person, or maybe I just felt this was something I had to do. Whatever the case was, there I sat in a living room I had never been in before, across from someone I had never met before. Someone who was my mother. She had called a week prior and then hung up on the 4th ring, leaving no name or message.

I had recently subscribed to an account with R
everselookupphones.net for my business (the purposes of which are not important to this story). It allows me to do a reverse phone number search and find out who called (even if the name is blocked on the caller ID). I used this service to find who had called and hung up, twice in one week. What I found blew my mind. I am currently 25 years old. Twenty-five years ago I was given up for adoption. As I read the origins
of the number that had been calling and hanging up pieces started falling into place. Because of my birth certificate I knew the name well. Because of the reverse phone number lookup service I also now knew, where she lived, who she was married to, how much her home was worth, her average income, and her cell number.

Instead of calling back I did a
reverse email lookup and sent her an email. We corresponded for a week or so and then planned for me to fly out to meet her. I met my birth mother and believe it was the start of something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment